CBD Mince Pies
Great British Bake Off star Howard Middleton’s gluten-free, vegan friendly mince pie recipe is the first ever to feature CBD oil. The baker has combined with leading CBD retailer ActivelyCBD.com to offer the nation a twist on a traditional treat this Christmas. View Howard's recipe
Products Featured In Howard's Recipe:
Watch Howard In Action
For home bakers dreaming of a green Christmas, Howard’s frangipane-topped festive creation calls for hemp flour and hemp oil as well as a frosting topping which includes an optional 10mg of CBD oil from leading online CBD retailer ActivelyCBD.com.
On season four of Bake Off in 2013, Howard Middleton was praised for pushing boundaries as he introduced hemp flour to the hallowed tent, to the surprise of national treasure Mary Berry.
He now becomes the first former show contestant to include CBD oil in an ingredients list, with his mince pies recipe published online by ActivelyCBD.com today.
A video of Howard demonstrating how to cook the mince pies is on Actively CBD YouTube or available to download here.
our features product
Howard Middleton, author of Delicious Gluten Free Baking and online teacher with Bake with a Legend, said: “I love to experiment with my baking to cater for those with intolerances and people who like to try alternative ingredients and new flavours.
“With so much time spent inside this year, home-baking has been on the rise and I hope people will give my tasty twist on a mince pie recipe a trial in their kitchens. The recipe calls for hemp flour, coconut flour plus hemp oil and water from a can of chickpeas so your gluten-free and vegan friends can enjoy it, too."
“I like to show that it's possible for ingredients to be inclusive and delicious. For adults who want to include CBD oil, there is an optional measure of 10mg for each pie.”
A reported 6 million adults in the UK have tried CBD, which is a legal food supplement in the UK. CBD which stands for cannabidiol, is a naturally occurring, legally-produced oil derived from hemp plants.
ActivelyCBD.com supplies a large range of the best edible CBD products available in the UK including oils, drinks and chocolates. A range of informational resources are available at activelycbd.com.
Former chef and Actively CBD Wholesale Manager Jonathan Thorpe said: “Howard is a hero of ours thanks to his attitude in the kitchen, working with a variety of different ingredients to suit individuals’ dietary requirements and tastes."
“The mince pie recipe he has created is simply show stopping - and your gluten-free and vegan friends can enjoy them too."
“For adults who want to add CBD Oil to their mince pies, we supply high-quality products to consumers in the UK. Each product available at ActivelyCBD.com is verified in independent labs and subject to full spectrum analysis to verify CBD content..”
Products are for sale to age-verified customers over 18 in the UK. People should consult their doctor before consuming CBD.
About CBD Oil
- Cannabidiol is derived from the hemp (cannabis) plant but does not have any psychoactive properties.
- CBD is legal to purchase, possess and use in the UK. It must contain trace amount of THC (less than 0.2% concentration). Many CBD products contain zero THC.
- CBD is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and should be taken as part of a varied diet and healthy lifestyle
- Please check with your GP before consuming, especially if you are on any prescribed medication
- Not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Keep out of the sight and reach of children. 18+ only
- All products are consumed solely at the recipients own risk
About Actively CBD
- Actively CBD (www.activelycbd.com) is a leading UK importer of CBD products, providing high-quality products to sale to age-verified 18+ customers.
- Actively CBD stocks a range of quality edible CBD products including oils, capsules, drinks and chocolate
- All CBD products sold by Actively CBD are compliant with UK & EU law and tested in independent laboratories